Friday, February 3, 2012

Botanical Gardens

On Sunday Holly, Sean and I went to the Botanical Gardens on Rhodes University Campus. We took lunch and ate under a huge tree in the shade. We had a nice time just relaxing and talking. I enjoyed walking around seeing all the different types of trees and plants.

 

 

Some more wording differences....

American's Say:                                  South Africans Say:
Santa Clause                                       Father Christmas
Good Job                                            Well Done
Agenda                                               Diary
Last Name                                          Surname
Mad/Upset                                          Cross
Bad                                                     Naughty
Soaking Wet                                       Sopping Wet
Period                                                  Full Stop





3 comments:

  1. The girls and I have enjoyed the word differences. Bree said she wouldn't be suprised if you came back using those words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could climb those trees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already notice I'm saying things differently! Its not that I want to change, but I word it the way they do so they will understand me lol

    Nathan the way the trees grow are perfect for climbing!

    ReplyDelete